Banana-Quinoa Muffins (Gluten-Free)
- ½ cup – Quinoa Flour
- ½ cup – Quinoa Flakes
- 2 tbsp. – Honey
- 2 tsp. – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. – Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. – Salt
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
How to pick:
Avoid the slightly green unripe fruit, they tend to have a high starch content, which makes them harder to digest. Choose the ones with brown freckles on skin, this is a good indication that the bananas are completely ripe. Refrigerate or freeze if you are not going to eat them immediately.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour and flakes with other dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine bananas, eggs, and honey.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into greased muffins tins. * Note: Fill muffin tins ½ full. Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Not in the mood for muffins , add 3 tablespoons of oil and ½ cup of Almond milk, or until desired consistency, and turn those muffins into waffles.
* Note from Nature’s Link Wellness: Try to find ‘Aluminum Free’ baking powder, use Real Sea Salt and try to use yard eggs.
* Quinoa is gluten-free flour.
Dr. Kris Devillier / Nature’s Link Wellness Center