Spirulina fusiformis – Spirulina maxima – Spirulina platensis (also known as Arthrospira platensis) – Spirulina is from the Oscillatoracea family.
Health Benefits of Spirulina
- Spirulina (12,000 mg per day) may alleviate (hypochromic) Anemia.
- Spirulina may inhibit abnormal Blood Clotting.
- Spirulina may help to prevent Atherosclerosis.
- Spirulina may stimulate the production of Blood Cells (both White Blood Cells and Red Blood Cells) (due to the Phycocyanin content of Spirulina).
- Spirulina may lower Blood Pressure in Hypertension patients.
- Spirulina may facilitate the repair of damaged Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) in Cells (due to Polysaccharides in Spirulina).
- Spirulina may enhance the function of Stem Cells (due to the Phycocyanin content of Spirulina).
- Spirulina may reduce the quantity of Radioactive Isotopes absorbed into the body and may thereby help to counteract the toxic effects of exposure to Radioactivity.
- Spirulina may help to prevent Kidney Stones.
- Spirulina may help to prevent damage to the Kidneys caused by Kidney Stones.
- Spirulina may alleviate Allergies (by lowering elevated IgE levels in Allergy sufferers).
- Spirulina may help to prevent Cancer and may cause the regression of some cases of Cancer.