Downloadable e-Book from Nature’s Link Wellness Center Founder Kristine Devillier
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
Food Is Figureoutable: An Essential Guide to Body Systems is a handy guide to food and your health from Natural Health Practitioner and Board-certified Naturopathic Doctor Kristine Devillier.
This downloadable e-book takes its inspiration from the famous quote above, often attributed to Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician known as the Father of Medicine.
Today, a huge body of research supports the idea that what we eat plays a major role in our health. Health practitioners and researchers agree that food not only nourishes the body, it also helps protect us from many lifestyle diseases and symptoms of poor health. Although food should never be a replacement for professional medical care, it’s impact on our health is undeniable.
Food Is Figureoutable is an easy-to-understand look at each of the body’s main systems. It provides recommendations for foods that will help protect these systems and ease symptoms of poor health and disease related to them.
Dr. Devillier’s motivation for writing the book was born out of her desire to make eating well easy. “People often feel confused by nutrition information but eating well doesn’t have to be complicated,” she says. “In fact, it’s fairly simple to align your diet with your health needs. It just takes a little bit of knowledge and a commitment to better health.”
Each chapter in Food Is Figureoutable focuses on a different system of the body. It includes information on the system’s function, potential health concerns related to each system, and food and tips to support better health. Systems covered – and some of their main functions – include:
- Digestive: breaks down, processes, and assimilates food
- Intestinal: absorbs and stores nutrients and eliminates waste
- Circulatory: provides nutrients and oxygen to the cells and removes toxins and waste
- Urinary: eliminates toxic waste
- Kidneys: filters blood and regulates blood pressure
- Respiratory: provides oxygen to the blood stream and removes carbon dioxide
- Glandular: makes hormones that help cells communicate with each other
- Nervous: triggers and monitors all communication processes in the body
- Structural: gives the body form and mobility and protects insides from the outside environment
- Immune: distinguishes between what belongs in the body and what doesn’t and helps remove what the body doesn’t need
- Hepatic: produces bile and converts waste products for excretion by the kidneys
The book highlights common health concerns associated with each of these systems and provides tips for alleviating them and supporting good health through a well-thought-out eating plan. It’s packed with health tips, facts, and recipes.
Food Is Figureoutable concludes with tips on how to implement a healthy eating plan as well as lifestyle choices that will help keep your body and brain performing well. On the final pages, Dr. Devillier reveals some of her key health takeaways, including:
- Practice meditation
- Kitchen closes at 8pm
- Move your body at least 20+ minutes every day
- Practice gratitude
- Avoid foods that cause irritation
Get your copy of this handy health guide today!
Kristine Devillier, RND, MH, CNHP, CNHC, CI, is founder of Nature’s Link Wellness Center, a natural health practice serving Breaux Bridge, Lafayette, and the entire Acadiana area. The team at Nature’s Link believe in a holistic approach to health, giving clients the knowledge and tools they need to take control of their health.
If you’re looking for a customized plan to improve your health using a combination of traditional and alternative techniques, give Nature’s Link Wellness Center a call on 337-332-2705 or reach us online for more information.