Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing
Dry Skin Brushing Is The Simple Exfoliation Technique for Keeping Skin Healthy
Your skin is your body’s largest organ. It plays a key role in supporting your health, including protecting your insides from the outside, helping to regulate your temperature, and enabling you to feel sensations such as hot, cold and touch.
It’s important to take care of your skin so that it can perform these essential functions. Unfortunately, air conditioning and sedentary lifestyles can make it difficult to maintain healthy skin. Without the benefit of perspiration and fresh air, the skin’s natural renewal process slows down, contributing to skin that’s in poor condition, unable to function optimally.
Dry skin brushing is a simple exfoliation technique with a range of health benefits for your skin and your entire body. This enjoyable do-it-yourself health practice will help you maintain good skin health and do a whole lot more, including:
Benefits of Daily Dry Skin Brushing
- Encourages skin renewal by removing dead skin cells and other surface impurities.
- Helps to open pores, allowing skin to absorb moisture more effectively and stay hydrated.
- Prepares skin to absorb sunlight more efficiently, aiding in Vitamin D production.
- Stimulates and increases blood circulation in underlying organs and tissues, especially the small blood capillaries of the skin.
- Revitalizes and increases the eliminative capacity of the skin, ridding the body of toxins via the lymphatic system.
- Stimulates the hormone and oil producing glands of the glandular system.
- Rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.
- Helps prevent colds, especially when used in combination with hot-and-cold showers.
- Contributes to a healthier muscle tone and better distribution of fat deposits.
- Freshens complexion for younger looking skin.
- Increases feelings of wellbeing in the entire body.
- Helps to prevent premature aging.
How To Do Dry Skin Brushing
Dry skin brushing is a simple technique that anyone can do at home to help keep skin healthy and functioning well. Here’s how you do it:
It’s best to do your dry skin brushing before your bath or shower. This gives you the added benefit of the water, helping to flush away anything left on the surface of the skin. But it’s also ok to do some dry skin brushing even if you aren’t having a shower afterward. The most important thing to remember is that you want to brush the skin while it’s dry.
You want to use a natural stiff-bristle brush with a long handle so that you can easily reach all areas of your body. If your skin is sensitive, a dry washcloth will also work.
Starting with your feet and legs, use gentle strokes moving upward toward your abdomen. Then brush the arms and hands, moving inward toward the heart. Next, brush across the back, reaching all areas as best you can. Finish with your abdomen and chest. Use long fluid strokes on legs and arms and a circular motion on your back and front body.
Always brush gently, applying less pressure to sensitive areas. A few strokes are all that’s needed as you don’t want to damage or redden the skin. And, never brush your face.
Buy A Dry Skin Brush
Download As A PDF
Contact Us Today!
For more information about natural medicine in Breaux Bridge, Lafayette and the entire Acadiana area, get in touch with your natural health experts at Nature’s Link Wellness Center. We are delighted to help you discover both traditional and alternative techniques that optimize your body’s own ability to rebuild and cleanse itself.