- 6 – tomatoes cut in half (Slice off bottom, so tomato will sit flat)
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach, cook then drain well
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4-tbsp. cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- *3-drops hot sauce (optional)
- *1-tsp. lemon juice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except the tomatoes, stirring well.
- Spray baking sheet with a nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Arrange tomatoes on the baking sheet.
- Take combined ingredients and mound on top of each tomato.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
(Recipe serves 12)