Homemade Tomato Juice
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled)
- ginger (about 1/4 inch)
- 1/2 lemon (peeled)
- 1/4 inch hot pepper (or pinch cayenne pepper)
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the peel off the cucumber (mainly to remain the nice red color of the tomato juice), for health you would like to leave the skin on. The juice will then look brownish.
- Run all ingredients through your juicer starting with the soft ingredients such as lemon and cucumber.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I like to add raw honey, apple, watermelon or mango if you want a little sweetness.
- Tomatoes; ½ Roma and ½ regular
- Filtered water to taste
- Salt to taste
Place tomatoes in a large stock pot, making sure to smash a few; this will add a small amount of liquid to the pot. Bring tomatoes to a boil, about 25 minutes. Remove tomatoes from water, allow cooling. A food processor/blender can be used to blend the tomatoes, and then send the mix through a sieve/strainer or a food mill. Add salt and filtered water to taste.