Mini Broccoli, Cheese and Onion Egg Omelets
Are you excited about making a quick, simple meal and not dirtying every dish in your kitchen? Yes, me too! This mini broccoli, cheese and onion egg omelet recipe contains no sugar, which we all strive to avoid and still have a yummy meal! You may ask why avoiding sugar is so important, and the short answer is to prevent crashes!
Broccoli may give the biggest bang for the buck in fighting heart disease. One cup, which contains only 45 calories, supplies more than your daily requirement of two of the antioxidants, vitamin C and beta carotene, both of which play a significant role in combating heart disease. Broccoli is rich in fiber, with 4.5 grams in a cup, and has no sugar content. Fiber can lower cholesterol levels, control hypertension, and assist in weight loss. Broccoli may even fight cancer; it has a sulforaphane substance that research indicates blocks tumor growth in mice.
- 4 cups broccoli florets (1 bag frozen)
- ½ diced onion
- 1 garlic pod minced
- 6 whole large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites (optional)*
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp Cajun season with no MSG
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté onions till cooked down, add broccoli with a little water for about 6-7 minutes.
- When broccoli is cooked, crumble into smaller pieces and add avocado oil, Cajun season. Mix well.
- Spray a standard size non-stick cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon broccoli mixture evenly into 9-12 tins.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, cheese, Cajun season.
- Pour into the greased tins over broccoli until a little more than 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven until cooked, about 20-23 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator to enjoy during the week.
*If egg whites are used reduce whole eggs to 4