Yummy Quinoa and Shrimp
2 cups quinoa, rinsed
4 cups water
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tbs.Marjoram (optional)
Black pepper to taste
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch segments
1 pound peeled shrimp
- Bring the quinoa, water and salt to a boil in a large pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes or until the quinoa opens a little and is soft to chew.
In a separate pan:
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, onions, garlic, and asparagus.
- Toss and coat with olive oil, wine, marjoram, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Cook until softened.
- Add in shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes (until pink).
Serve 1 cup of quinoa (you may need to toss in a little olive oil if it is too dry), top with potato, onion, and shrimp mixture. Enjoy!