How to Conquer Candida: An Herbalist Guide
Normally Candida Albicans fungus lives in healthy balance in the mouth, intestines, genital tract, and throat. Certain conditions cause fungus to multiply, weakening the immune system and causing an infection known as candidiasis. Because this fungus travels through the bloodstream to many parts of the body, various symptoms may develop. (Source: Footprints on the Path)
Chinese Tongue Map
White coating, heavier, thicker than normal
Still wondering if you’re affected by Candida?
If you are still not sure if candida/yeast is what is bothering you, take one of these quick questionnaires:
Restore Your Gut Bacteria
Building the gut flora is imperative for reducing yeast overgrowth. Here’s a beverage upgrade list to consider.
- Sugary drinks
- Energy drinks
- Lemon water
- Watermelon puree
- Dandy blend
- Lapacho tea*
*Lapacho or Taheebo herbal tea is used in the herbal medicine of several South and Central American indigenous peoples to treat a number of ailments including infection, fever, and stomach complaints.
Sign-up for our newsletter
Improve Your Liver Function
Castor Oil Packs help improve liver function to reduce yeast overgrowth. Also, consider cutting out all tap water. Too much chlorine reduces our friendly bacteria.
Today essential oils (EO) have become a popular modality in the Holistic Health Industry. Taking EO up a level, we bring in physical, mental, and emotional issues in the consultation and correlate with how the body is reacting. Physical concerns allow us to assist the body’s ability to heal the cause. Evaluate which issue is showing up Viral, Lack of Inspiration, Overwhelmed or Overburdened in life.
Essential Oils used for Physical Concerns
- Viral (cold sores, shingles): Ammi visnaga, bergamot, cinnamon, clove, lemon, lemongrass, melissa, oregano, palmarosa, Patchouli, thyme, yarrow.
Essential Oils for Mental Concerns
- Inspiration: Bay laurel, clary sage, clove, lemon, lemongrass, mints, orris root, rosemary, spikenard.
Essential Oils for Emotional Concerns
- Overwhelmed; Overburdened: Basil, catnip, eucalyptus, firs, cedar eucalyptus, monarda, myrtle, rosemary, tea tree, yuzu.
(JennScents Holistic Aromatherapy Comprehensive Guide)
Mental Cause for Ailments for Candida
Make three sticky notes and place them throughout your home and/or workspace to remind yourself to repeat often. Remember, it takes 21 days to change a habit.
Probable Cause: Feeling very scattered. Lots of frustration and anger. Demanding and untrusting in relationships. Great takers.
New Thought Patterns:
“I give myself permission to be all that I can be and deserve the very best in life. I love and appreciate myself and others.”
– Author Louise L. Hay, You Can Heal Your Life
Since I’ve been working with clients on candida and chronic fatigue we have found that the following tests have been helpful in finding our healing path.
Lab Blood Tests:
- Epstein-Barr Virus blood test – Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) Acute Infection Antibodies Profile
- Candida Albicans blood test – Candida Albicans IGA, IGG, IGM panel
- CBC blood test – CBC w/diff & platelets
- Juice: fresh cucumbers and celery
- Add wheatgrass into diet and/or used in an enema
- 1 quart of Taheebo Tea per day. Follow instructions on container.
- Homeopathic: Energetix – Viru Chord or Myco-Can Chord
*Wheatgrass, Taheebo Tea, and Energetix Homeopathies can be purchased in the store of Nature’s Link Wellness.
- The Yeast Connection by William G. Crook
- 90 Days to Stress-Free Living by Norman Seal
We have 2 satisfying recipes that are savory and/or spicy and that are Candida-Free and Gluten-Free. Our nutritious and delicious Hummus and Black Bean Dip are good sources of protein which help to combat cravings and will benefit in stabilizing blood sugar levels. These recipes will rev up your metabolism, waken up your taste buds, and are a first-class way to get in your veggies.